Saturday, April 11, 2009

What to write on the sympathy card that is with the flowers?

I currently work for a nursing home and one of my residents that I was very close to had just recently passed away, I had spent some time and got to know her children during her last few days.......I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to tell the florist to write on the card that they send with the flowers??

What to write on the sympathy card that is with the flowers?
The card which goes with the flowers should only bear the name(s) of the senders, or the name of the group of senders. Let the small card itself make your sentiment known.





On a different card, sent to the spouse or oldest child of the deseased, indicate your relationship to the deceased, as well as the true emotions and empathy for the grief all of you are experiencing. Be genuine about your sorrow, and your loss, while identifying that they are experiencing sorrow and loss too.





You might offer an insightful anecdote, a story about something which happened during your care of the deceased, one which would bring to them good memories of deceased.





If you have additional questions, please feel free to write me at...
Reply:I agree with what the first person said, however as someone who lost my father, my brother and my mother all within 8 months%26#039; time, I can tell you how it feels to be the relative of the person who died. Not only have I also worked in a nursing home, but my father died in one. It meant so much to my family to receive a card of sympathy from the people who helped care for my Dad. The nursing home he was in did not include the small note card that usually accompanies flowers. They took the time to write out a heartfelt card, much like the first person who answered suggested. They then had the florist deliver the flowers with the card they picked out. It was heartfelt, sincere, and it meant so much to me and my family, to see such kind and touching words expressed to us about the man we loved and cared about so very much.





Bless you for caring so much to want to do this right. You have a lot of compassion. You are in the right career field.



nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment